The Kangaroo Math Competition is an international school-level mathematics competition which is organized by the Association Kangourou sans Frontieres (AKSF), a transnational education group based in Paris, France. Founded in the early 1980’s, Kangaroo Math Competition is now the world’s largest math competition with more than 6 million participants from some 80 countries in 2018.
Thailand is inducted into AKSF in 2018 and Phi Learning Centre has been sanctioned by AKSF to organize the Kangaroo Math Competition in Thailand starting 2019.
● to support the internationalization effort of Thailand’s education system
● to popularize mathematical enrichment activities among students and teachers in Thailand
● to allow students in Thailand to achieve certification and recognition from an internationally prominent education body
● to increase Thailand’s participation to be at par with other established countries in the International Kangaroo Math Competition
● to expose students to interesting math problems designed by internationally renowned math educators
● to allow students to apply their knowledge in mathematics that they have learned in school
● KMT is a unique competition that is different from other math competitions such as Math Olympiads
● KMT’s syllabus is less advanced than other Olympiad competitions and students can compete without taking any special training
● KMT’s syllabus incorporates school syllabus which makes KMT different from other competitions that test knowledge beyond the school syllabus
● KMT is catered to all school students from Grade 1 to Grade 12 with six different categories with differing levels of difficulty
● Student’s interest in mathematics will increase
● Can help to increase the interest of students to participate in Math Olympiads
● Generate student’s creative and critical thinking
● Students will be accustomed to problem-solving questions
● Increase the student’s ability to answer HOTS questions
There are 6 papers and 12 categories
ป.3 - ป.4
ป.5 - ป.6
ม.1 - ม.2
ม.3 - ม.4
ม.5 - ม.6
Gold Award Top 10% of the participants
Silver Award Next 10% of the participants
Bronze Award Next 10% of the participants
Merit Certificate Next 20% of the participants
Winner are separated by Grade level. (Ex. G1 is not competing with G2.)
All other participants shall be awarded Certificate of Participation.
Top 3 schools receive trophies: Schools are ranked according to the tally of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards, in that order, obtained by their students.
Register student individually without going through the school.
Venues: 20 more centers around Thailand. You can find the center list as below or when you register.
Please signup and login to register at www. phiportal.org
The registration deadline is 12 March 2023. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
Under Group Registration by School/Teacher.
Group Registration (minimum 25 students) by School/Teacher and take the exam in your school. The school will receive a support fee for organizing the exam. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you soon.
15 January 2023 Registration Open
12 March 2023 Registration Closed
26 March 2023 K-Day
VENUES - ONSITE for individual register (Limit Seats):
( Coordinator's contact details can be found in the registration )
Bangkok, Rangsit: Klong 3, 9AM
Bangkok - Ram Intra [ Pramochwittayaramintra School ], 9AM
*FULL* Bangkok - Chatuchak [ Bon Marche' Market ], 9AM
*FULL* Bangkok - Bangkapi, [ CDC Ekamai Ramintra ], 9AM & 11AM
*FULL* Bangkok, Nonthaburi [ International Christian School ], 9AM
Bangkok, Samutprakarn [ Bangpleepattanasuksalai School ], 9AM
Central Region, Nakhon Prathom [ SKOOLWORKS ], 9AM
Central Region, Lopburi [ Crestview International School ] 9AM
Central Region, Saraburi [ Sukanan Park ], 9AM
*FULL* East, Chonburi, 9AM, 11AM
East Chonburi [ Tonlew International Kindergarten ], 9AM
East, Rayong / Banchang, 9AM
North, Chiang Mai, 9AM
North, Chiangrai [ One Hope International School ] 9AM
North, Phitsaulok, 9AM, 11 AM
North, Phayao [British Thai International School], 9AM
Northeast, Nakhon Ratchasima [ Plookpunya School ], 9AM
Northeast, Roi-Et, 9AM
Northeast, Surin, 9AM
Northeast, Udon Thani, 9AM
South, Hatyai, 9AM
South, Krabi, 9AM
South, Nakhon Si Thammarat, 9AM
South, Phuket [ Headstart International School ], 9AM
South, Samui [ Windfield International School ], 9AM
South, Surat Thani, 9AM
West, Ratchaburi, 9AM